Secure Data Connector
Revevol wants to offer the best Google Apps experience to its customers. The Secure Data Connector is a great tool that connects data from behind your firewall to Google Apps. Revevol analyses your needs and installs the SDC on site so that you can access all your datas.
What is it?
Google Apps provides powerful communication, collaboration, and productivity tools right from the browser. But even if your business uses Google Apps, much of your enterprise’s data is probably still stored behind a firewall – making it inaccessible to your users when they’re not connected to the corporate network.
The Secure Data Connector (SDC) helps you build custom applications so that your Google Apps users can request access to this data.
How does it work?
1. Google Apps forwards authorized data requests from users who are within the Google Apps domain to the Google tunnel protocol servers.
2. The tunnel servers validate that a user is authorized to make the request to the specified resource. Google tunnel servers are connected by an encrypted tunnel to SDC, which runs within a company’s internal network.
3. The tunnel protocol allows SDC to connect to a Google tunnel server, authenticate, and encrypt the data that flows across the Internet.
4. SDC uses resource rules to validate if a user is authorized to make a request to a specified resource.
5. An optional intranet firewall can be used to provide extra network security.
6. SDC performs a network request to the specified resource or services.
7. The service validates the signed request, checks the credentials, and if the user is authorized, returns the data.
I want the Secure Data Connector for my company!